Sister Hamilton has been called to serve for a period of 18 months in the California Arcadia Mission. She will be serving in Spanish.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Why I Have Chosen to Serve a Mission

It may be looked down on to say this, but my goal in serving my mission is not to convert people to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. That would be wonderful, but frankly it’s not what I hope for. I hope to help others know that they are loved, that they are loved divinely and that they are capable of having that divine love. It’s a hippie dippy answer, but I’m a fairly hippie dippy person.
            To me the gospel has always been about a divine love. Love is a word that gets thrown around constantly. It’s misused, wasted and abused. But I know there is a pure divine love. It is because of our Heavenly Father’s divine love for us that he caused us to be able to experience this life. It is because of Christ’s divine love for us that he chose to give his life for us and bear our burdens. Divine love is what heals emotional scars, it's what pulls us through the hard times and it's what inspires us to serve others.

            I am serving a mission because I believe everyone should have the opportunity to feel divine love and know that they can have that love for others too. I am serving a mission because I want to help people know that they are capable of change and that they can create a happier life for themselves. I am serving a mission because there are people need a relationship with their Savior and I am beyond excited to have the honor of introducing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment