Sister Hamilton has been called to serve for a period of 18 months in the California Arcadia Mission. She will be serving in Spanish.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hola!

~Sent Nov. 10th~

Hey Everyone!

Probably just a short one this week. 

Transfer calls were this week. Hna Bennion and I are both staying as expected, but she'll probably leave next transfer. One of our apartmentmates was transferred which was hard because we're all pretty close, but luckily she's just an area or two over and we'll probably run into her plenty. 

Last night was the Despedida for all of the leaving missionaries. It's like a big devotional where the departing missionaries share their testimonies. It was really cool. The whole thing was in Spanish, English and Chinese. It's really awesome living and working in an area with so many different kinds of people. It really reminds you that the gospel is for everyone. The devotional really made me feel excited and enthusiastic to be a missionary. I think when I first got here I let some of my fears keep me from feeling that, but now I want to head into this transfer with that excitement and dedication. 

The cool thing about a mission is you learn how to learn. I always considered myself a good student and someone who really likes learning, but I don't think I really understood what it means to be a constant life student, to be constantly seeking to improve. It's hard because pretty much nothing comes quickly and it's hard to have faith that the little changes you are making will amount to anything, but diligence and faith really go along way. We are out here helping people move forward, but they are helping us do the same. It's a refining process. At times it hurts, but it works wonders.

Love you all! 
Hermana Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment