Sister Hamilton has been called to serve for a period of 18 months in the California Arcadia Mission. She will be serving in Spanish.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Merry Christmas!

~sent Dec.22 2014 ~

Feliz Navidad!

Missions are awesome. Everyone should do it. Seriously though if you are a youth and thinking about serving a mission just do it. This is the most fulfilling work and useful education anyone could ever have. 

Don't think I'm saying this because I had a golden week. I didn't. What I did have was a week that was worth it. And I can honestly say that happens every week. We get sworn at, canceled on, stuck in awkward situations, made fun of for our poor language skills, stressful assignments, and frequently we have no idea what we are doing. But then we have those sacred special moments when families open up their homes and their lives to us and we all have the opportunity to learn and improve together. We get kids who come a hug our legs and beg their parents to go to church with us. We see people offer all they have to help others. We watch people come to a knowledge that they are loved perfectly by a divine father in heaven. We hold their hands as they muster up the courage to leave all of their mistakes and worries to face their lives with hope and determination to be happy. 

Yesterday T..... was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. She was so happy and full of excitement. My whole week could have been terrible and her happiness would have made it worth it. We also had the opportunity to teach a lesson to her, her husband and her mother with President Villanueva. He came to the baptism last week and really hit it off with the husband because they're from the same part of Mexico. It was the most spirit filled lesson I have ever experienced. It was a great learning experience to. Mostly I learned that I have a very long way to go, but I'm excited to try and get there. 

We also had the mission Christmas conference which was awesome. We had a super powerful testimony meeting and a beautiful Christmas dinner. I felt so spoiled and THEN they brought out the piñatas. Advantages of having a Mexican Mission President who knows how to have fun. It did get a little crazy because they're still 18 year old boys even if they're missionaries, but the whole event really brought everyone together and got them motivated. That same night was our Ward Christmas dinner and we had so many investigators show up. It was great to see everyone, members and nonmembers, having fun together.

Today we had a zone activity where we did a white elephant gift exchange. I felt like a success when my princess gift package (complete with temporary tattoos, activity book, magic glow wand, and stickers) kept getting stolen by different Elders. I guess they love their princesses. I walked away with chocolate so I definitely one that game (I almost walked away with a giant bag of tortillas). 

Love you all! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hermana Hamilton 

Maddy and her new Companion Hna. N. at the Christmas party

No comments:

Post a Comment